How To Apply
The Teaneck Community Charter School admissions period for the 2024 – 2025 school year officially begins on November 1st, 2023.
Here are some important dates to keep in mind:
- November 1st: Application available online or download paper application above.
- All applications must be filled out completely
- November 1st – Apply online or Paper applications may be submitted to TCCS via fax (201)833-9225 or mail (563 Chestnut Ave, Teaneck, NJ 07666).
- November 16th – TCCS will have its first of two open houses for prospective families at 6:30 p.m.
- December 9th – TCCS will have its second of two open houses for prospective families at 10 a.m.
- January 5th – Deadline for applications to be included in the school lottery
- January 12th – TCCS admissions lottery conducted online at 4:00 p.m.
- Please be aware that siblings of current TCCS students have first priority for admission – provided they apply before the deadline. After siblings, Teaneck residents who applied before the deadline are chosen from a lottery. While all New Jersey residents are eligible to apply, priority is given to Teaneck residents.
Any family who can provide evidence of ONE of the following economically disadvantaged criteria will receive a weight of three units in the lottery to two for other students (3:2):
- The child lives in public housing.
- The child lives in Section 8 housing.
- The child or guardian qualifies for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits.
- The child already qualifies for a free or reduced price lunch in his or her current public school.
Note: Evidence of any of the above must be submitted by the January 5 deadline to receive the weighted lottery units.
If you need more information or help, please call the school at (201) 833-9600.
School Day: 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Before and After School Program: A before and after school program is organized each year based on need and is provided at cost to participating families.
Transportation: Busing is available based on distance from the school
School Lunch: Available for a fee. Free or reduced price for eligible children.
Who Can Enroll: All children from Teaneck are welcome. TCCS does not discriminate based on race, religion, ethnicity, ability or academic performance. All children must be 5 years old by October 1 to enroll in Kindergarten for September. Applications are being accepted for children entering kindergarten and upper grades depending on availability.
Lottery: A lottery will be conducted if there are more applications for any grade than spaces available. A waiting list will be established when the lottery is completed.
Sibling Preference: All efforts will be made to keep families together. An application must be filed for each child. If a lottery is held, admission of one child does not guarantee admission for siblings. Siblings not admitted by lottery will be placed at the top of a sibling waiting list in the order in which their lottery number was pulled. This waiting list is placed ahead of the general waiting list.